View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 12:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Dilfo,
Know it's been a few weeks since you posted this, but thought I would share my feelings on pain meds in case you look it up again. Know what you mean about back pain. I've got 4 hearniated discs in Lumbar area, osteo arthritis, osteoperosis, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs (one of them fused to ribs so it feels like my ribs are broken when I breath. My doctor tried me on Avinza for a while and it didn't help me at all. I was up to 120mg.

Have you ever tried Fentanyl pain patches? They say they are 80 times stronger than morphine, of course they don't give you as much. They have helped me a lot. Right now they have three generics and the name brand. Only one that doesn't work for me is the one made by Mylan. They have many levels. I'm on 100mcg patch every 72hrs. That is the largest dose you can get in one patch. No side effects for me. He still has me on Vicodin for BT pain. That is what I'm going to ask my doctor about too. When I do hurt my back more than usual like you said the Vicodin is like taking Candy.

Not sure what to ask for. I've never been on Oxycontine or Oxycodone. Any feedback? In the past I used to take dilaudid and it worked pretty good. Now that did make me a little goofy though. Hard to work like that.

I als have Epilepsy and take several other drugs that are also used for pain, Depakote, Keppra. But haven't noticed it helping with the pain.

Sorry so long. I hope things went well with your surgery. Let us know what you Pain Dr. put you on and how it is working out.
Take care,
Dennsi
DENNIS46 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote