Old 10-27-2006, 02:30 PM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Thumbs up

Jingle

That was beeeauuutiful.

I'm a little nervous about attending my friend's brother's funeral. I haven't been physically able to shop for clothes in years - and financially unable to shop for clothes in the last few years.

I'll be showing up in old faded blue jeans, sweat shirt, raggedy tennis shoes, a worn out coat, and unrully hair in desperate need of a cut. My friend won't care, but I feel it looks disrespectful for a person to show up at a funeral dressed like that - don't think I'm alone in that thinking.

I won't care if people give me any funny looks - but I WILL care if they say anything to my friend about me. It will make her furious - she's like a sister to me and very protective of her "little sister." I'd hate to see a brawl break out.

So, may I add one more?

Dear God - help us to remember that the woman dressed in casual rags at the funeral has just as much respect for the dead (and living relatives) as everyone else in church. If she could, she'd wear a nice black dress, shoes and coat - and her hair would be beautifully styled.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote