View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 05:26 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb Doxy

Is a HUGE depleter of nutrients from the body.

Severe acne can be treated with EFAs...that is what worked for my son---and that is how we accidently found they fixed his ADD!

Many drugs upset the body's ability to either process the nutrients we need to live, or they actually deplete them, which then requires extra dosing and attention.

YOu don't mention the other drugs...so I cannot address those.
Here is a list of documented effects just for the doxycycline!

Bifidobacteria bifidum
Lactobacillus acidophilus
(both are needed for normal bowel function)

Calcium
Iron
Magnesium

Biotin
Inositol (low levels of this increase anxiety)

Vitamin B1 (thiamine)
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin)
Vitamin B3 (niacin)
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)
Vitamin B12

Vitamin K

People with acne typically are low in zinc. Especially males.
Low zinc and low B6 cause a condition of severe anxiety
called pyroluria. There is a long thread on BT on the vitamin forum about this condition. You test it with a special urine sample sent to special labs. Once it is fixed with high dose zinc and B6, the moods settle down.

I think your son is in a tough place. No quick one pill solution.
And some of the solutions may be uncommon and not well understood by your doctors.

So I think some homework will help you both. And patience, as it takes time to heal the body. At this point you don't really know if he has all those diagnoses, or maybe just the pyroluria which masquerades as mental illness!
http://www.drkaslow.com/html/pyroluria.html
Quote:
The effect of pyroluria can have a mild, moderate, or severe depending on the severity of the imbalance. Most individuals show symptoms of zinc and/or B6 deficiencies, which include poor stress control, nervousness, anxiety, mood swings, severe inner tension, episodic anger (an explosive temper), poor short-term memory and depression. Most pyrolurics exhibit at least two of these problems.
First off, start with some good organic yogurt. Stonyfield yogurt has good cultures in it.
Some Krogers carry it, and most health food stores.
http://www.stonyfield.com/
If he absolutely will not eat it...the new flavors are very good...
Then get a good probiotic with at least 4 or more strains listed on it. These are typically
kept in the frig in stores, and some online places, package them with nitrogen to keep them fresh.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.