View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 11:56 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

First of all he is taking

Abilify 15 mg 2x day
Concerta 54 mg 1x in a.m. just raised from 36mg
Pepcid AC 30mg 1x this was just given to him by the new gastro, he was taking Zantac for like almost a year and a half which obviously did no good.
Celebrex 100mg 2x day he just started this yesterday for his back and legs. Is it possible for his bowels to be so full that they would press on nerves and cause his back to ache?
He just started Cephalexin 250mg but this will be temporary because the skin doc did not want his skin condition to go into a flare from stopping the Doxy.

He was also taking Lamictal up until September of last year when he stopped all his meds on his own without telling anyone then became suicidal and started back up again but the Lamictal was making his anger issues worse when he restarted.

Funny you should mention the bowel problems because he has been having some bowel leakage and when he had some recent xrays, due to some chronic upper and lower back pain he has been having, his bowels were so full that the whoever read them even commented on it in the report so now he is also on Miralax 1x a day. He also just mentioned to me that the leakage has started again. He still has bowel movements but he admitted that he has a tendency to hold it. His Gastro doc just called me and said she noticed some things in his esophageal tract that looks like it could indicate esophagitis so she is ordering a food allergy test and some blood work.

Mrs. D I am wondering if since he hates yogurt and he takes a mulitvitamin, because his vitamin D levels were low so at doc's orders I bought him a multivitamin with especially hight D levels, if a mulitivitamin that includes probiotics would work. I was taking one but I love yogurt so had no problem with the alternative.

Quote:
Quote:
The effect of pyroluria can have a mild, moderate, or severe depending on the severity of the imbalance. Most individuals show symptoms of zinc and/or B6 deficiencies, which include poor stress control, nervousness, anxiety, mood swings, severe inner tension, episodic anger (an explosive temper), poor short-term memory and depression. Most pyrolurics exhibit at least two of these problems.
This is so like him and it is severe. His explosive anger would be to the point of blackout. One of the reasons he stays most of the time with his grandmother. Our house is a bit chaotic and my fiance and he butt heads and my being Bipolar also..........well you can imagine. I wonder if his psychiatrist can order a test for this. I will definitely do some research and ask. Doing what ever I can. He has days, hours, seconds where he doesn't want to live and he is getting old enough where he will soon be on his own and I fear for him so I am trying to give him as much of a lifeline as possible. I just wish I had known sooner. We started at the age of 5 but I never knew how severe or even what it was until he took the knife to school . Which in itself is a whole nother story.

Mari thank you for the link. I was all over the place trying to find some info but not really knowing where to look and not finding anything. I do know that he can go to a specialized school with smaller classes and more one on one but he will lose his IEP status. Right now he has the opportunity to step out of class if he needs to for a breather and go to see his counselor, he can work in a special class if he needs to but the class is so small that it makes him claustrophobic so he goes to the media center because it is big and open and does his work but gets in trouble for it. Gets extensions on work, if the teacher decides to follow the schools IEP guidelines. He of course has tutors he can use and opportunity to be put in IEP classes but he doesn't really need/want them.

I know yet again a lot. Sorry