View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 03:21 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Angry Istradefylline

Istadefylline worked for me. In fact, it worked really well for me. For three years (I was also on an earlier Istradefylline trial), I had an overall better qualilty of life that I attribute to the drug. Because of travel insurance implications, I had to come off this medication immediately after Kyowa pulled the drug. I have now been off the drug for about 9 weeks. I am more rigid, slower, more fatiqued and have less stamina. Most of you here will know that those symptoms also impact "on" and "off" time, sleep, exercise, energy, not to mention emotional stress. I guess the bottom line is that I felt good on this drug and now I do not. I was very functional on this drug and now I am not. I hear that it is the same for others. Most of the study site reports that I was able to read indicated that efficacy result were not stunning, but were significant. That is all I care about and I really resent that the drug company and the FDA could not work together to find a less drastic solution than the one that has resulted. The political and financial dealings between phamaceutical companies and government agencies do not really interest me, but I have a feeling that someone here took all their toys and went home early. r
Chosh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote