Thread: Mucuna warning!
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2008, 09:23 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default just to keep our aphrodisiacs straight

Horny goat weed (of which I have a dozen bottles that don't get along with PD) is a different plant but often is mixed with mucana. As I recall, the effect on my PD was enough that I ruled it out pretty quick. Not a lot of research either. Understandable. Nobody gets tenure for work with "horny goat weed".

Quote:
Originally Posted by davos View Post
a popular name for mucuna is rightfully horny goat weed.

at the other extreme i found that zoloft totally kills all carnal interest and function. one suggested zoloft could possibly be the male birth control pill, many agreed that zoloft has a negative effect on libido. however one male zoloft user raved on the positive effect of zoloft on his libido.

my question is what dosage for mucuna ( 350mg 200 for $l2.95) for PD.

amantadine, neupro patches, mirapex, sinemet, stalevo all have had
little or no good or bad results except hallucinations and zero libido.

i switched hypertension and cholesterol drugs to isradipine and zocor as studies found those meds secondary good for PD.

i take 1200 mg coQ10 in ubiquinol form supposed to slow progression, and creatine 5mg. coQ10 and creatine are being studied further in clinical trialls.

some meds produced interesting hallucinations like a play or
movie in technicolor and huge casts of dancing people or parades.

perhaps coQ10 is helpful as my PD is about the same
since 2000.

my thanks to rosebud and all forum contributors for the edification and inspiration
you bring to our plight.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote