View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 06:17 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hey Melody,

The neurosurgeon can probably better address the neuropathy your hubs is experiencing if its from the canal stenosis that was seen on the MRI, which in the simplest terms means that there is a narrowing of the spinal canal, which could in turn be causing nerve issues, such as the neuropathy.

Now, for a more longer term option with regards to the sleeping issues...I have to wholeheartedly recommend Rozerem. It came out in Sept. of 2005, and I've been on it ever since, sporadically taking a break when my sleep cycles seem to have normalized. It works much differently than traditional sleep aids, has no abuse/addiction potential, and really doesn't interfere with too many meds. It does not cause the sedation-like effects of other sleep medications, and I personally feel its a much more "natural" sleep. I had no luck with the traditional sleepers..either I felt super hung-over and sleep deprived, even though I had slept for 8 hrs, or I had nightmares so bad that I couldn't sleep at all and spent the night in a hypnotic state. Rozerem works on your melatonin binding centers in the brain and resets your internal clock. Check it out and discuss if it might be an option.

If it's his facet joints that are the culprits for his pain, look into some of the new devices out there, such as the "X-stop" device, which has proven very successful so far at helping patients with facet issues, and is a minimally invasive procedure (same day surgery). I don't know that it will definitely apply to his situation, but always better to be well-informed when you see the doctor, rather than not.

I really hope you get some definitive answers from the neurosurgeon. Its misery to be in a limbo state like this. Have a good weekend.

Theresa
Tbackpain1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote