View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 02:18 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Awwwww, my fragile little furry friend, c'mere and let me give you a long hug.

Now Anne, it's time you started looking after yourself! You've been so busy comforting and supporting your friends, you have neglected YOU! Your weary little shoulders need to get some rest while you recover from all that you've been through.

You haven't had time to even catch your breath for the past 9 months. It's just been one thing after another. You've dealt with 2 bouts of cancer and so many personal losses. Now your poor body is rebelling and insisting you concentrate on how to better manage your thoughts and emotions.

I would think that to begin with, you need to take inventory of what is most important. Then prioritize. You are used to putting YOU at the bottom of the list, but from now on, YOU are #1.

You overcame cancer and you can beat depression. I know you can! Try whatever the docs tell you. See if you can give yourself a mental "sisterectomy." Distance yourself from her until you are stronger and better able to handle the stress she brings.

And listen to this song from "My Fair Lady," to get your courage up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jL35lyX48bU&NR=1

Take care, dear Anne. Sincere prayers are being said. Warm thoughts are wafting across the ocean. You can count on your friends here at NeuroTalk to help you through this challenge. We are counting on you to not just "survive," but to "prevail."

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-02-2008), Kitty (07-03-2008), Koala77 (07-02-2008), SallyC (07-05-2008)