Thread: New to Effexor
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 08:27 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again. (Posted on one of your other threads.)

Hadn't heard of this side-effect. But I can tell you my expirience.

Was diagnosed with depression about a year before the MS showed up. Was put on Paxil by my PCP.
Neuro switched me to Prozac. Bad idea. Had to go back to Paxil.

Fast forward to the car wreck. Quizzed my doc at the time about OCD and what I felt was OCD. He puts me on the Effexor. BUT! Small dose gradually increased and I was weaned off the Paxil over a week or two. So I was taking both for a short time. Transition period, I guess.

Only took Effexor for maybe a month or so because I saw no difference in it from the Paxil. So I talk to my PCP again, transition back to Paxil.

My point? I'm getting to it.

ADs are tricky business. Many ADs can actually give you suicidal thoughts and actions as a side effect. And here they're supposed to fix that specific issue! The very popular Prozac that I mentioned earlier did just that to me. Suicidal thoughts/tendencies.

But as far as being "hooked" on Effexor? I've never heard of it. But that's just me. I do feel that listing ALL POSSIBLE side effects on drugs is more a chance for the company to cover their butt from lawsuits than sincere concern for our health. But again, that's just me.

---FYI, Moose is not a doctor nor ever played one on the TV.

*One thing I've noticed about ex drunks and drug addicts... we can NOT give a short answer to a simple question. Sorry.

Always outnumbered...
Never outgunned

*I* am the MonSter that MS fears
MooseasaurusRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (07-02-2008)