View Single Post
Old 10-27-2006, 07:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

rsd can have a mirror effect, because of the nerves... so its common to get the same pain on the opposite limb or area on your body. and then also any kind of trama from a mosquito bite, needle prick, or surgery or broken bone can cause a spread.

for me i get a lot of extra pain in my shoulder because my shoulder muscles are over compensating for not being able to use my hand and lower arm like normal... so there are things like that too...

as far as questions... u might wanna make a list of like your main "complaints" about how your feeling and see if your doc can come up with a way to help minimize those. you can mention that ur talking to all of us and hearing about other drug therapies and blocks and infusions and see if they'd be willing to try that with u or if they'd be helpful in your case... it also depends on the types of things you're willing to try as well. not everybody wants to be trying a bunch of new meds or doesn't want to go to the hospital to have needles injected in their spinal area or neck.... (they do give u mild sedation and locals for those!)

do u know if your doc has many rsd patients? the amount a doc knows on rsd and the treatments can also depend on whether or not he's a private doc or in a bigger clinic like at a university... in my personal experience the docs i've seen in the bigger clinics are more up to date with the newer and experimental treatments and are more willing to use them then the private docs (they like being involved in the research aspect of it).

i hope all that helped!