View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:52 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default She made it!

Maxie made it thru the night! I was loathe to check her box this morning, but when I opened the lid, her mouth immediately went into the "feed me this instant or I shall die" mode!

Her chirp is quite soft. I held her (still sitting in the box) out the front door so she could check for her parents. I heard some bird noises, but apparently it wasn't anybody she knew, cause she was quiet.

So I brought her back in the house and am feeding her small portions on a toothpick. I did break the pointy tip off, so as not to injure her.

I have discovered that I need to put the food in the lower part of her beak, rather than the pointy end. Don't know how such a little 4" thing can open her mouth so big! I swear she could almost swallow herself whole!

She did move around on her perch last night some, but finally stepped off and snuggled into the flannel.

I can hear her calling! Must be time for another bite of hamburger. Will get the canned dogfood in awhile. I guess I will be taking her with me today. Must go to my hair appt. and then to work for a couple of hours.

I won't let anyone hold her, as I think that would not be a good thing.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
tkrik (07-02-2008), who moi (07-03-2008)