View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Lisa,

I was diagnosed with slow gastric emptying at UCSF just a couple of months ago. They say it could be neurological in nature but they don't know. I kept telling my docs that food felt like it just sat there forever. I am always nauseated and I have to make myself eat. I never have an appetite because I always feel full. I do have lots of trouble with bloating and abdominal pain.

I am not diagnosed with MS yet at this time either. Actually, I was diagnosed with it for a year and then the docs changed their minds and I was undiagnosed.

I found out I had GERD last year but I was having no symptoms at all. No heartburn, nothing. My GI doc found severe esophagitis and gastric ulcers during an EGD and colo. It was news to me.

I am actually having a repeat EGD tomorrow so that they can see what is going on in there currently. I have been on a PPI for the last 6 months.

The gastric emptying test is really easy. I had to eat radioactive eggs and then they watch how fast the eggs travel through your system on a nuclear med scanner. It is interesting to watch them move along. No pain, no discomfort. One of the easiest tests that I have ever had to do. Good luck.
Pacifica is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote