Thread: mean people
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did. I have friends who helped me get access. It's more a matter of the fact that they jump on me for every little thing that doesn't go perfectly, meanwhile others goof off constantly. The things that they are picking on are not really within my control and are not essential to the business operations- they are tangential perks and benefits. For example, I was told that I was supposed to send the milk order fax every Monday and that's it. So all of a sudden 1/2 the office goes on Weight Watchers and now everyone is eating cereal at the desks first thing in the morning every morning and we're running out of milk in the middle of the week. Well, nobody will say to them, eat breakfast before you come to work or to me double the milk order. So I'm stuck in the middle of people being unreasonably annoyed and literally yelling at me b/c there isn't any of THEIR kind of milk at 10:15 on Monday morning because the delivery hasn't gotten there yet.

Then the other day the website I mentioned before wasn't processing passwords properly so nobody could get to the document. So I sent an e-mail to the list explaining that was the problem and low and behold the one person who I would expect to complain sends me a snotty e-mail copying my boss and the owner accusing me of just not wanting to do it. So now I have to go on an e-mail battle all day long. The problem part of it is that I am being mercilessly nitpicked over stupid things and find myself having to defend myself which stresses me out. Normally I'd be able to handle stupid politics but this is on a whole other level b/c he is copying the people who could fire me on every nit picky thing. I feel that it is harrassment based on a disability which is covered by the Disability Act. They are creating a hostile work environment but I don't know how you can prove it and if this kind of stuff passes the legal test.

Another thing they've done is they make me "make up" all of the time I take for doctors' appointments and tests that have to be scheduled during the work day. But other people take time to run personal errands all the time and don't have to make it up or apply it to their vacation time.

I can hear people talking about me all the time and sometimes it's clear that my boss is part of the conversation even though to my face she is understanding and tells me to go ahead and do what I need to do. So I don't feel safe and I don't feel like I can trust anybody and that makes everything I am going through that much harder.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo55 View Post
I wouldn't assume that your boss is going along with "it" - he may not want to deal with "it" {the email} if no one brings it up??

Did you send an email reply with an explanation of your side of it to your boss only? - why you can't get to the website to do the group email thing?

can you try on another computer to see if you can get to that site from it?

I think hostile work place or discrimination might be federal thing- check fed gov website for more info.
here's something -
http://employeeissues.com/hostile_work_environment.htm
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...ov&btnG=Search