View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 01:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello Evonne,

Welcome to the PD forum on Neurotalk! I'm so sorry to hear that you have this dreaded 'disease'. I agree with the others here. Try to remain as stress free as possible, join a support group, and get as much exercise as you can.

I agree with you on taking a different look at things. For me I'm out doing things I never thought of doing before like severe storm chasing, for example. I also don't take anything for granted anymore and try to maximize my enjoment of everything I do.

As far as careers go, you still have a long road ahead. I'm going to school right now. In fact I'm doing it online, which does eliminate some of the stress like getting to classes on time since I still work full-time. The thing is, you need to continue your life as you normally would, but scale it back. There's no reason not to think that can't do anything; always think that you can and will. (I'm the last one to talk, by the way, on this). In other words, don't give up fighting and doing- ever - for as long as you can.

Right now the only thing that gets me now is fatigue. My doctor has balanced my Sinemet dosages so I have the best mobility in perhaps 6 years. Now if this little piece of the puzzle could be found... I'd be in 7th heaven.

Please be very careful of the Mirapex. There are some dangerous side-effects with it. That stuff did nothing for me, but make me very tired and very sick to my stomach. I ended up stopping it in favor of the Sinemet, and Amantadine which works wonders.

John
jcitron is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
vertigo (07-05-2008)