Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody
LOLOLOL! You're funny.

Oh my gosh, Twink, what fun reading about it and I am SO glad the little thing is doing okay today. I can just imagine it all so well. Right now my 2 wren houses on my porch have baby wrens in them. The chorus of chirping is absolutely hilarious sometimes!

Course, when they hear my voice they pipe way down. When I was walking onto the porch from work last night, both houses had baby birds heads sticking out....CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP CHIRP and on and on and on, LOL. So CUTE!
I have a funny wren story.

I have a little stained glass holder with a nest in it at my back door. This is inside a screened porch (an old porch).
Well on Xmas eve my husband returned from a business trip.
He came in that back way, and noticed movement as he opened the door. Turns out two wrens were roosting in that spot (probably out of the cold wind and some warmth from the house). He called me out, and upset them, and as I opened the door, they flew into the HOUSE...This was unsettling to say the least. We didn't know what to do. It was dark out.
So we opened the back door wide, and sort of waved our arms to scoot them in that direction and they flew back out finally after about 15 minutes of hysteria! Then we found out how they got in... there was a little rip in one screen near the top.
Clever little devils... they must do this alot. Hang with humans. That is why they are called house wrens.

And boy do they have big chirps for such a little bird.
Our cat caught a newly fledged one once and brought in and I rescued it...
what a racket! And the FEET... she glommed onto my hand with IRON CLAWS.... GAD... I have total respect for these little guys!

Chirp chirp!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (07-03-2008), tkrik (07-02-2008), Twinkletoes (07-02-2008)