View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 04:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default tricky b12 deficiency symptoms

Hello,
I'm new here, but have been dealing with b12 issue for a few months now. Starting at the end of February, I was having nerve pain and tingling/burning in my arms, hands, legs, feet, and back for a few weeks when I went to my doctor. I also had dizziness, brain fog, poor memory and some vision blurriness. He himself had a b12 deficiency, so he has been really wonderful about supporting me (I was at 310, so low normal).

I take the m-b12 supplements daily, 1000mcg, along with a good multivitamin, and 80mg of b6 (because I was low normal in that too).

For about two months I was good—the dizziness, brain fog and poor memory along with the vision issues went away very quickly. The tingling and burning mostly went away as well. The nerve pain stuck around and my doc said it could take 6 months or so for it to resolve. So all was going well.

Then I switched my vitamins around, adding in a B-complex hoping to speed up recovery. About a week after starting it I got the tingles/burning sensations again….I discontinued after two weeks and they subsided some but not totally. The doc thought maybe I’m sensitive to Niacin and the B-complex was giving me parallel symptoms. But I’ve been off the B-complex for about a month now and I still get, now and then, the burning/tingling feelings, whereas before they seemed to have abated more fully.

Point of all this is, I have improved, definitely, since all of this started in February. I just want to know if others had a recurrence of the tingling/burning feelings like this, off and on, a few months into treatment? I figured it'd be good to ask some folks who have been down this road. I know some of you have said things get worse before better---but how about things getting better, and then off and on, returning in lesser degrees? Before really leaving for good (hopefully)?

Thanks so much for any replies.
Best,
ejean
ejean is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote