View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 09:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rum River View Post
Back again, still struggling a bit.

Currently am not able to chew, PERIOD. Only liquid or everything mashed.

Have to be careful in the shower, no direct streams of water on the right side of my scalp or on the right side of my face.

Have shaved my beard for the first time in 15 years, checking to see if shaving is less painful than shampooing.

The doc has bumped my Gabapentin to 3000mg, this is the second day and there's no improvement. I'm scheduled to try for a total of three before getting back to him with the results.

We're camping over the 4th, but I won't be able to eat burgers from the campfire, THAT's for sure.

Nuts.............
Hi Rum River,
Sorry you're having such a rough time. Been there. I am new to the site. I have TN for five years from a firefighting injury. I also needed 12 surgeries to fix my jaw and teeth. Between the TN and the surgeries, I ate WAY too much mashed/liquid food. For awhile, I was so sick of mashed potatoes, I was like a really bratty baby. Hand me baby food, and I would throw it at the wall. It was pretty.

Have the docs talked about mixing in any other meds? I am on Topamax and it helps. It has some weird side effects. Most days, I can't spell my name, but it does help with the pain. If anyone asks how I spell my name, I just hand them my driver's license and figure that there's spellcheck for everything else. Sure, my IQ's dropped a good 15 points, but at least I've learned to laugh about it. I just don't play scrabble with friends anymore. They always win. The word "cat" only gets so many points.

Hang in there. My prayers are with. Try to have a good holiday. Hopefully, you'll have a nice big, juicy cheeseburger soon!
Firemedic is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote