View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 02:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default there with you

Evonne,

I am also relatively new to this and currently on mirapex. No horrific side-effects, but no fabulous effects either. It's funny that I hadn't noticed until your post that I, too, have never actually been told with certainty what I am suffering from. "I'll tell you what it looks like..." is the closest I've been given. No problem handing out the mirapex rx, however. I am glad to see that your post brought up the argument for sinemet, I've lost my patience for mirapex. My left shoulder/upper arm has given me pain for the past four years, and has been immobile at times. Mirapex helped a little, but I'm nowhere near normal. And, as for mirapex being protective, during my ten months of use, the pain has spread to my right shoulder and abdominal muscles, my legs have started to cramp with a modicum of exertion and tremor has been slowly increasing... so it sure ain't protecting me. AND, here I am at whatever in the morning, wide awake; I never had trouble sleeping before. I believe it's time for a change.

Like you, I worry about my time slipping away; I suggest you turn that fear into a positive and get on to the things you want to do. I have been "paralyzed"... constantly thinking about the ramifications, and have pretty much wasted the last nine months in a cloud of depression and apathy. I've distanced my family by being mopey or numb. While it warrants some serious thought, you can't let it dominate. It may sound trite (and repetitive), but stay positive, and keep working toward your goals. Also, exercise, eat right, and keep up with these threads, they are chock full of good info.
grant r is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
lou_lou (07-03-2008)