Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
Thank you Mrsd, Moose and Dorrie.

I haven't taken that first dose yet because I'm still reading up on the medication, and I'm not overly impressed with all those nasty side effects.

I have found lots of sites to check into. Even the company that makes the pills has their own website with a secret password ("recovery") just for people who take the tablets. Let me know if you want this website and it's all your's!

It's hard enough being given a diagnosis of depression out of the blue without all this extra stuff with the medication as well.

I just want to say thank you for replying to my question, but after reading your replies, I think I'll hold off....at least for now.

There are other avenues you can explore that are easier on your body, and you can save the big guns like Effexor for last.

Recently there has been data coming out that LOW VIT D causes depression. Studies were done with people using light therapy. Those doing light therapy + D did much better than those doing light therapy alone.
more here:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...051603349.html

Speaking of light therapy... I have been using this myself in the winters with great success now for 2 winters. I don't seem to need it in summer. I have a visor and only need 1/2 hour per day.

The amino acid l-tryptophan and Vit B6 are involved with serotonin synthesis too...you can try those.
500mg-1000mg of l-tryptophan at night and up to 50mg of B6 might be helpful for you.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote