View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 09:01 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Never mind behaving yourself TODAY!!!

Tomorrow is the 4th of July. I know this is when ALL THE BARBECUE STUFF COMES OUT, and Potatoe Salad, and Macaroni Salad and Coleslaw (with all the accompanying mayo stuff in these foods).

Just remember you have diabetes when you are looking at these things on the table and tell yourself. "Can I just have a small amount"? If you can, then go and indulge, IT'S THE 4TH OF JULY, and everyone should have a good time.

Just go and check your sugar before you do this. You don't need any complications.

I was in my local food market yesterday. You have NO IDEA THE AMOUNT OF COLD CUTS, RIBS AND MACARONIE SALADS AND ALL THE OTHER KINDS OF MAYONAISE CONTAINING SALADS that people bought yesterday. My goodness. One guy spent $150 just on ribs, franks and macaroni and potato salad. He was about 300 lbs (have no idea if he's diabetic), but he LIKED HIS FOOD.

He was a walking heart attack just waiting to happen.

See, if you eat like this just once a year, then I say "why not". You're having a party, go and celebrate and have a good time.

The problem is that people around here EAT LIKE THIS 7 DAYS A WEEK.

I think we are surrounded entirely by too much food, too much temptations, too much easily available "bad stuff"..

I bet, if we had to kill our own deer, milk our own cows, butcher our own chickens and catch our own fish, well, I believe we'd all be walking around weighing 110 lbs.

lol lol lol

Happy 4th Everybody.

Go and Enjoy yourselves.

be safe!!!

My god, don't I sound like your mother???

lol

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote