View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

The other person in the waiting room did nothing, too. Just sat there. Sadly, this does not surprise me.

We had a horrible experience when my Dad was in the hospital for the last time. Unbelievable lack of compassion AND quality care. It absolutely contributed to his death.

I normally do not have "words" with people but I did with one nurse who ignored his cries for help. I witnessed it from down the hall (I could hear him yelling for help when I got off the elevator). She was seated just outside his door working on charts. Ignored him completely. Only when I walked up and asked her if she was deaf did it compel her to get up off her sorry butt and see what he needed. He was sitting straight up in the bed (someone had left his adjustable bed in this position) and he could barely breathe. He was beet red and gasping for breath by the time I got there. I reported her to the nursing supervisor and made a stop by the offices on my way out. Oh, and I also found her (the nurse) and gave her a piece of my mind....it was not a pretty conversation.

My Dad felt better that I had lamblasted her and reported her to the charge nurse.

The hospital was Gwinnett Medical Center in Lawrenceville, GA and I would not even consider taking my cats there much less another family member. I'll drive to the next county, thank you.
These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (07-03-2008), who moi (07-03-2008)