View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 10:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default choices?

Are you allowed to see non-military doctors or does you contract require you to stay in the military system? What state are you located in?

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenne View Post
Hi, I was just wondering how you're doing? Nice to know that I'm not crazy, because my ENT has tried to convince me 2x now that the explosion had nothing to do with eustachian tube problems. She has tried to link it to allergies, which is a crock.

I have not had allergies of any kind since I was a kid, 20 years ago. The ear problems came on suddenly, without so much as a sniffle or a runny nose or anything. I was in Iraq for 5 months prior with no issues..and then poof....I'm suddenly allergic? I don't think so.

I've now got some TBI symptoms showing up. I recently started getting some headaches. One in particular was severe enough to drive me to the ER. They have been getting worse over the last week...

I can't tell if the headaches are related to the ears directly or a different problem all together.

I'm having a hard time getting anyone to take me seriously. The ER visit was a joke, after 4 hrs of waiting they took me back and asked me a bunch of questions (date, name, location, etc). Asked me to count backwards and then tested my motor skills (touch your nose, follow my finger with eyes, etc).

The ER said since I have no neuro symptoms (other than excruciating had pain), the only thing they could do was to give me drugs (Tramadol) and put on the waiting list to see a neurologist (appt is in 3 wks). No x-rays, ct scans, MRI, nothing. So I've survived a blast in Iraq, diagnosed with a mTBI, worsening conditions 2 months later and this is the best the military medical system can do. 30 min later I'm kicked to the curb.

I'm still having the headaches but I'm at a loss on what to do. I'm just worried right now and kinda scared. I pride myself on being healthy and have a high tolerance for pain. Sunday's visit to the ER was my second visit ever in my adult life to an ER for anything. I really feel something is wrong and no one is helping me.

Nate
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote