View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 03:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
Hi Christina and thanks to mrsD for letting me know about this thread.

I just wanted to mention that my son has Tourette Syndrome with a spectrum of associated disorders like OCD, anxiety, ADD etc.... and has had IEP and 504 plans for school, with the 504 really being excellent for the accommodations he needed at school. The TSA has a lot of info on it and so perhaps you will pick up some tips there.
strategies http://www.tsa-usa.org/educ_advoc/ed...strat_main.htm
and
advocacy http://www.tsa-usa.org/educ_advoc/ed...cacy_main.html

in 2006, after two years of misdx GIT issues, he had a colonsocopy/endoscopy that revealed he has Crohn's Disease
and it was causing him agonizing pain, missed school and zero social/recreational life

he has a natural protocol for helping the GIT stuff that has really worked for him so not sure if this can be of help to you

Diet and stress play a major role in his symptom flares and remission , and he is also taking special supplements as anti-inflammatory and for healing the ulcerations
(let me know if you need the details)

the TS had been hard but manageable for my son at school but the GIT stuff was so bad he just could not cope and so we began the Virtual High school here in Florida for him (free and part of the public school system) and it made an enormous difference for him. He was registered in the county as "homeschooled" and did all his work, tests, etc online with real teachers who have IM and phone contact etc
I dont know how many states already have these in place.

anyway, I just wanted to stop by and let you know our story and try to help any way I can

You say "we" began the virtual high school, is that as in you and some others or it was already available and is that at the state or county level. I have been trying to find something like that for my son for at least part time but am having a really rough time. I mean I can find charter schools and of course all kind of get your degree online type things but this is all so new to me so I am having a bit of trouble.

Thank you for the info. I really appreciate it. I did look at the sites and it gave me the idea of a couple of other places to check.

Thank you.