Old 07-03-2008, 06:18 PM
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

Hi
intense OCD with tics can be symptoms of Tourette Syndrome ...or even PANDAS. Has you child had any strep or even exposure to strep without necessarily exhibiting classic strep throat symptoms?

my son has Tourette with OCD and anxiety. He has found dietary changes really helpful (many chemical/artificial additives to foods trigger OCD and tics for him) and he also takes special supplements that have helped, and he did a course of Cognitive Behavioral therapy that was also helpful.
He is 18yo now and doing really well. But back in the prepubertal years it was very debilitating for him

I really understand how you are feeling as my child's OCD/anxiety have always been far more troubling to him than his tics.

without knowing more about your child's dx, meds etc I dont want to mention any specific supplements etc that have helped mine

just want to encourage you though that there are ways to improve things like anxiety/OCD

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.