Thread: New to Effexor
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala77 View Post
...... but I'll hold off on the Efexor for now.

I was on Effexor a few years ago. My doctor put me on it because it not only was designed to work on depression but on anxiety as well. I have to say that it did work on both just fine. I had never been calmer in all my life.

However, the one side effect that I had was that I virtually lost my short term memory. I would do things at work and not remember doing them. I would put things places (like my boss's paycheck) and not remember where I put them. I would not remember whole conversations. The list is endless.

I had no trouble quitting. In fact, one day, I just quit. No taper, no nothing. In a matter of days my short memory came back and all was good. It was then I moved onto Prozac.

Please Anne, if you do not want to take Effexor, that is fine but please look into an alternative. There are so many ADs out there that I am sure you can find to your liking. Clinical depression is not something that should be handled alone. It usually does not get better and it can get mighty hard to get yourself back to a good place without help.

Please do not wait too long. I am worried for you.
Carolina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Koala77 (07-03-2008)