Thread: My 'hotel room'
View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 11:01 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default My 'hotel room'

When we had our house built back in the ice age we left the lower level unfinished to save on the price. So when our oldest daughter became a teenager we made part of it into a nice bedroom for her. Well now the kids are gone. When she comes home she still uses it but mainly it stays empty. When we bought a new bed and put our kind size bed down there the kids told us it looked like a hotel room. They even snitched a Gideons Bible out of a hotel room and put it in the desk drawer!

Back to the story. The retirement appartment complex that my Mom lives in used to have an empty two bedroom apartment that they left empty so that guests could stay there free. They finally rented it out. So now my brother doesn't have anywhere to stay when he comes to visit. He had been staying at a local motel cause we couldn't convince him to stay here. Well now everyone does what they can do to save money so he is finally coming to stay with me!

So now I am making up a regular 'hotel brochure' just like the real hotels have. I am going to go to Kinkos and print it up on colored card stock and put it into a binder. I have a list of local attractions, emergency number (my Mom), my complementary continental breakfast menu. I'm making a basket of sample things. I even have the new pool I bought for my grandkids in my faily room which for him will be my lounge. So what if it's only 5 ft across and has no water.

His wife will probbaly here him laughing all the way to Cincinnati! I love him.
doydie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Blessings2You (07-04-2008), ewizabeth (07-04-2008), Friend2U (07-04-2008), Girlie Girl (07-07-2008), Jappy (07-08-2008), Koala77 (07-04-2008), SallyC (07-05-2008)