View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:57 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member

Beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing it.

I'm so sorry for the struggle you're having with your DH. My sister had early onset Alzheimers and passed away at 57 years old. It was a terrible struggle for my BIL and he kept her at home until he could not longer give her the care she needed and deserved. It was heartbreaking for him to put her in a nursing home. But it was necessary.

Before he did, though, it was terribly nerve wracking to be around her. She was aggressive, verbally abusive and downright mean. But, we knew it wasn't "her". We didn't argue back with her because it would have served no purpose. It was so difficult for hear her tell me she hated me - but I knew deep in my heart that she didn't. It was the disease talking.

My BIL felt so guilty for leaving her each night in the nursing home (he went and stayed with her every day after he got off work). The stress was taking it's toll on him but he loved her so much and just wanted to be with her.

I hope you can find some help that your DH will accept. Maybe someone to cook meals for you that you can freeze (that can be done somewhere other than your home) or someone to pickup and deliver your laundry. You'd be surprised at what good friends are willing to do to help - if they just knew what to do!

You're in my prayers - you and DH both. I know the struggle you're dealing with.

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
Kitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Nik-key (07-04-2008), Twinkletoes (10-20-2008)