View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 11:39 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I don't agree with you. These are my thoughts. (disclaimer - I am not a doctor, nor I play one on TV

I feel some neurologists are not fully informed about MS. I believe in only seeing a speacilized MS Neurologist, but that's me and these options exist close to me. I am definately PP, I have never relapsed or regressed and classification is based on how your MS presents itself, not serverity. Every PPMSer differs from another is serverity, I'm in a wheelchair and don't work, some PPs walk and work. RR is relapsing and remitting. Like the name implies there are distinct times of relapses - flares followed in days, months, years (again, RRs not all the same.) of return to pretty normal, although some SXs might stay. If progression remains, RRs can become SP. PPs are PP, RR become SPs never PPs (this is this from the beginning), PRs are a pretty rare type of MS There are relapses, no remittances, just progression of SXs with every relapse. Everyone can hit a plateu. (I did for 12 years! And thought "this isn't so bad." HA!)

I knew I was PP and told doctor, who knew it also based on my anecdotal rehash of Disease course. PP tends to have a later onset and lesion load appears different from RR in Quality and location, but MS never follows all the rules so things are different for all. My MS may not be like another PPers.

It is a common belief PP is the "worse" (all MS stinks!!)yet some PPers do better than others inculding RRers. PP is said to have a later onset, yet some PPers begin much younger.

Some RRs seem to repond to DMDs, PPers don't. RR seems to have inflamation involved, PPers not, which excludes them from Revimmune which is based on inflamation targeting.

There is currently no drugs for PP. Some do not think PP and RR are the same at. We always welcome RRers to visit the PPMS Social groups if they wish to explorre this subject.

I'm not editing for spelling errors so here goes!! Again, I think I know what I'm talking about, maybe I don't.
kicker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote