View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 01:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyM View Post
Curious

If there's any blame to be placed, I blame the woman who was initially bothered by this homeless woman. It's not that hard to shoo them away in a humane way without having to call the policemen to apprehend them.

Is it against the law to be poor and lose your home? Is it against the law to see if you can get a meal for the day? Is it against the law to ask people for donations to charity?

That woman was pushed away from society, again and again. Most likely, she was also spit on and treated like a dog over and over again. Most people don't prefer to sleep on hard cold floors out in public. She had to do this night after night.

Why would it be "surprising" that she would come to a point in her life when she said "ENOUGH!!"

I'm not excusing what she did. She committed murder. I'm just saying that's what happens when guns are involved - even when you think you have good judgment and know how to handle a gun.

It's a shame that woman on the bus couldn't have said "I'm sorry, I can't talk right now - I'm in a hurry and have no spare change." The policeman would still be alive and the homeless woman would not be in critical condition facing murder charges. I hope that woman boarding the bus is proud of herself for doing the "right thing" by calling the "authorities."
Kathy, when you put the blame on the woman who was bothered by the homeless woman you have crossed the line. All she did was ask for help from the bus driver. I would have done the same thing if someone was bothering me like that.

I am a very compassionate person and give to homeless people on the street, donate to charities, and our church feeds the homeless one Saturday a month. Other churches do it the other Saturdays. If someone who suffers from a mental illness was making me uncomfortable I would ask for help just as the lady on the bus did. Would that make me responsible for their actions after the fact? I think you need to open your mind a little to the other side of this...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (07-04-2008)