View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Every suicide I've been close to in my life was with a gun. Well, except one girlfriend in high school who hung herself in her bedroom. Horrible shock.

Makes me think about a conversation with my therapist at one time when I was discussing suicide with her. And she told me of the many attempted suicides she had seen that ended up with the person being alive and much worse off than they ever were before because of the damage from the attempt.

My preferred way was a lake I drove by everyday to work. Just zoom off the bridge into the water. That was when she (my therapist) told me about someone who had tried that but someone saved the woman...but not before she suffered the permanent brain damage that she did and became a 'vegetable'.

I know we all have the right to bare arms, but...it's scary thinking about those who do have guns that don't buy them for the purpose of protection. Very scary people.

It doesn't surprise me about the gun statistics and suicide at all. Thanks ((Alffe)) for the info.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote