View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 09:10 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Arrow Urinary and bowel issues, help!

Okay, to preface this I used to have NO problems with urination and defecation. I did both a lot every day, including number two! I'me female by the way and 37.

For about four months everything has changed. I drink a lot during the day and pee some but it seems like at night as soon as I lie down to sleep; it starts. Up and down the stairs to pee 3, 4, 5 times within a small amount of time.

I try to limit my liquids in the p.m. and I don't drink soda or coffee or anything with caffeine. It's just water and some skim milk, mainly.

I try to sit there and lean forward and see if there's anything left, if you know what I mean! But then I still seem to have to go back downstairs and go again in a little bit.

Number two has been maddening. I feel backed up. My weight goes up and down by pounds and I feel heavier.

The neuro's NP said to start Metamucil which I have been doing for about two months now. I am taking it once a day and trying to work up to two times a day.

It's hard to plan when to take it because the label says to ingest it when you don't have meds for 2 hours before or 2 hours after as the meds could get absorbed in all the Metamucil material in your stomach. I'm working on it though.

I still feel all bound up even though I am taking in extra water to help flush all the fiber stuff out. I'm going some but it's not all coming out on a regular basis, again if you know what I mean.

I feel bloated in every way, ugh.

Does anyone have any advice for foods that may help with a diuretic effect or may help to get things moving faster and easier? I am trying to get in some more fiber through shredded wheat and fiber bars. They make me gassy but I am giving it a go!

Thanks for your advice,
Weebs
weeble37 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote