View Single Post
Old 07-04-2008, 10:03 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Tell me exactly step by step how she can do this. No one will help her. The law is on his side. She has asked cops, judges, social workers, absolutely everyone. They say he's not breaking the law. It's his domicile so he can live there.

I completely agree that she should not cook for him, buy him anything or cater to him. But (and this is where I'm completely lost). He called me two hours ago telling me she is driving him crazy telling him he can't drink in his own house.

I just said "you need to go to rehab".

She called me (I heard her voice and I knew immediately that she had been drinking).

I said 'how on earth can you rationalize what you did tonight?" Your son is an alcoholic, you are trying to get him into rehab, and you are on the phone with me and you've been drinking??, are you out of your mind??"

She said "Well I don't know, I don't know any other way to cope".

I then said "I cannot help either of you, you need to get help as much as he does".

I then said: "you cannot tell anyone not to drink when you've been drinking, do you not see the illogic in doing this".

She said 'yes I know".

I then said; "have a good night, I have to go".

No one is going to do anything.

She drinks to cope with his drinking!!!

THIS I DO NOT GET!!!

GOOD LORD.

Anyway, I'm not going to post any more because my part in all this is done. I can't help him. I most certainly cannot help the mother (if she's drinking the wine in her room every night just so she can cope with HIS drinking).

It's like a vicious circle.

I've never heard of anything like this in my life.

They all need to go to AA.

Talk about denial!!!

Oh well.

Did my best.

Now it's up to them!!

I do thank all of you for your sage wisdom.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (07-05-2008), Wiix (07-05-2008)