View Single Post
Old 09-04-2006, 04:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Happy belated Birthday Mama.

Rosebud, boys rule! Make one a goalie, the other a forward, and let the fun begin! How cool...

It's been extremely hot here on the Left Coast. We're still in the low 100's but Fall is just around the bend, so warm days and cool nights are coming soon. Thankfully, we don't get the humidity with our heat, so it's easier to handle.

The heat has spawned a cricket invasion. They've decided that the heat is too much for them, so they're seeking the comfort of our air conditioned home. I know that some believe finding a cricket in your house is good luck, but this is just getting silly. I've tried every type of bug killer and the damn things just keep on coming. Plus, you should see all 6'4" of me on my hands and knees, scared to death of bugs, and with my Parkie hands trying to swat the little critters. My wife thinks it's the funniest thing ever. Meanwhile, I'm breaking out in a sweat and screaming like a little girl. It's just sad...

We've also had a crow invasion. (If they ate the crickets, I wouldn't mind so much!) They're huge and they come in large packs. Reminds me of Hitchcock. The city has been finding dead ones and a lot have tested positive for the West Nile Virus, so that's a little disturbing.

I start my last semester of Grad School this week, so it's nice to be on the home stretch. Hope everyone is doing well...

Todd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote