View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 03:03 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Sorry koala for speaking techonese LOL. Few things get me excited, but the latest technology really gets me goin! We are just seeing the dim light of the very bright future in computer technology.

One of the things I found about building or repairing puters is the ease of finding good deals and buying one or two to stow away for future disasters. The only things you dont buy to stow away is motherboards, processors, and video cards. Everything else moves at a slower rate of change. But when it comes time for those faster changing items you can usually find some great deals on newegg.

You can put together a new puter piece by piece too. Just buy one or two components at a time and stash them away until you have everything. Then pretend it is christmas and put them all together.

Sometimes you find deals on whole put together computers that you cant build that cheap. You can rest assured that the items in there, even though boasting some great attributes have cheaper parts. So spending a bit more for parts will get you sometimes 3 times the puter than those store brands. And if you research other store builds that are custom put together for you, you will find they will be alot more than what you paid if you do it yourself.

Maybe they did you a real favor when they told you to dump the computer because of the mobo though. I just had a friend bring me a DOA puter where the pwer supply failed....it took out the motherboard when it went. The thing that kills things like motherboards and things in your puter is fluctuating power. So if the motherboard fried....you can almost bet there was gonna be sumthin else not to far into the distant future

Betcha got a better new one than the old one too lol.

Gone Squatchin
allentgamer is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bobbi (07-05-2008), Koala77 (07-05-2008)