View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:26 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

(((greenne)))

I'm a mother. My son, my only child, is over there now - Special Forces. Yesterday was horrible for me too. It was horrible for me during the days of the Viet Nam war too when I was a kid. I couldn't breathe easy until I saw all our soldiers come home. I named my son after my POW "brother." I got to see him come home in one piece.

I'm disabled and stuck in my home now. Yesterday sounded like gang warfare outside my window. I kept hearing little guns, then big blasts. Whenever I heard a big blast, I felt compelled to grab a gun and join my neighbors in fighting off those big guns and rockets.

I tried to tell myself it was only my neighbors having a good time with their families, but then it reminded me of who was missing in my family. It reminded me of the fireworks and incredible heat he is facing at the moment. I'm sure he's wasn't pigging out on BBQ and saying "ooooh and ahhhh" at the pretty colors exploding in the sky.

I hope and pray you won't have to return there. I hope and pray you'll be able to heal from this. You did what you had to do and you made it back alive. You still have a chance.

This is something you are going to have to incorporate into your life - somehow in a good way. I don't know how, but I will keep you in my prayers.

Happy July 5th.