View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 10:46 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

I hope you're having good luck today Ms. Twink because I'm not. Took Bruna out to potty this morning and in a split second...baby bird flew up out of garden right in front of Bruna and she nabbed it in her mouth.

Took me awhile to get to the baby and finally had it in my hand. It was just limp.
Blinked its little eyes and gasping for breaths. I was frantic but poor little guy died in my hand.

It is a chickadee and I think it flew out of one of the houses on my porch. (I have an open porch.)

There are 2 chickadees at each of the houses and they sit on the front of them facing each other guarding the holes to the houses. One left and I saw a baby bird come out, fly around and back into the house. So I think this one flew out and couldn't make it back.

The parent(s) are making a big commotion out there and to top it off, there is a wren flitting from house to house with nesting material in its mouth as if its demanding for them to break their lease and leave. So the wren and one of the chickadees are 'battling' it out.

I just feel awful but it happened in a matter of a couple of seconds.

I hope everything is okay with Maxie this morning. It blows my little mind that you are putting so much love and effort into little Maxie. I admire you for that.

Bruna - rescued from a Missouri puppy mill
Doody is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (07-05-2008)