Old 07-05-2008, 10:58 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy View Post
Chris, just a FYI:

Many people with MS can have spinal lesions and not be PP, I am one of them. I am RR, have had the relapses (6) to prove it.

I have numerous cervical spine lesions, that's where my MS started. I was dx'd in 1986, as of late 2005 I have 2 brain lesions and a curved black line ( 2 or 3 lesions in a row where there is permanent axon damage).

I am still ambulatory, have helped raise our 2 children (16 & 18) who were born after my dx. I have a wonderful neuro, he is the same one who dx'd me years ago.

I am not a risk taker with this disease. In my case, I am concerned about using any treatment and it causing more problems than it would solve.

I will take my chances with this disease and the natural course.

Will HiCy be a cure for some? Maybe. Could HiCy be just like any of the DMDs - a temporary reprieve? A slowing down of disease progression? Possibly.

I will follow the stories of those who use HiCy and hold my opinion until more is known.
Like Snoopy, I have spinal lesions as well as brain lesions. The spinal lesion is what got me dx'd in 2001. I am RRMS with 3-4 relapses a year, no that is not a typo.

I am still ambulatory, work part time, which is my choice, but when I have a relapse I am completely down. As my neuro puts it, I am either 100% or zero.

We all make our choices for treatment. My choice right now is to be a lab rat for Tovaxin....who knows what the future holds.

“When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it.” - Henry Ford
tovaxin_lab_rat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
MSacorn (07-05-2008), SallyC (07-05-2008), Snoopy (07-05-2008)