View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Nate, talk to your wife I bet she gets it alot more than you give her credit for...if not then I'm sorry. But there are those of us who DO get it, my father did 4 tours in Vietnam, I watched him dive in ditches when a car backfired....saw the results when he felt under attack and beat up my mother in his sleep. I was an army brat for 23 years and then an Airforce wife although recently divorced,hubby and I still talk 3 times a day and who knows... two of my best friends just came back from Iraq, both army (they are married) he did 3 tours she did 2, they both suffer from PTSD and it has been diagnosed.

Talk to your chaplain, family services, even your doctor...there is no shame in serving your country and returning having seen and experienced the things you did and having difficulty coping, most of us will never know first hand what it is like, I worked in a field where I saw trauma every day but noone really gets it unless they have been there. If left untreated it can destroy you, your relationships, etc. so I urge you to speak to someone even a therapist as what you disclose is confidential. Feel free to PM me anytime you need to chat. And thank you for serving our country.

Renee

One's dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but cannot be taken away unless it is surrendered.
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (07-05-2008), tamiloo (07-08-2008)