View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 11:59 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

I wonder why our community waited until today to honor our war heroes. They put together a musical montage of all those who have served and are currently serving. It was scheduled to air on our local channel on July 4th. We submitted our photos - my dad and my son. My husband was excited about seeing our son on TV, dressed in uniform. What can I say? He's proud of his son.

I wonder why I spent my entire day as a "voyeur" watching the community mull around at their festival, hoping I'd see my family on the screen.

I wonder why a man and woman decided to dress up like Ketchup and Mustard containers you see on tables in restaurants. My husband thought they were supposed to be colorful condoms - I thought they were crayons.

I wonder why I sobbed and gasped like a baby when the tribute began to play on TV today, preparing myself to see my family honored by the community. Kept telling myself these are supposed to be tears of joy.

I wonder why my family was not included in their tribute to our war heroes past and present. Oh well, I should have known.

I wonder why my heart is still pounding like a big bass drum.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (07-05-2008), Nik-key (07-05-2008)