View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:05 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I will be following this thread with great interest (probably also great confusion). Just got my routine bloodwork report last week, and my cholesterol is high for the first time EVER!. It was, like, 160 even when I was as big as a barn. Now it's 239.

I have gained weight (duh), I don't get much beneficial exercise, and when I looked at my current diet...holy fat grams, batman! It all kinda snuck up on me.

I see my PCP next week, and I'm going to try losing weight (about time) and cutting back on some of my worst offenders (eggs, butter, ice cream, bacon, snack crackers, etc.) and see what happens. I don't want to do any more meds if I can possibly help it.

We have bantam chickens, and our eggs are about half the size of regular eggs. I've been eating four for breakfast. It's a wonder I haven't dropped dead. I just started trying one yolk with four whites, crying as I watch the yolks go down the sink drain...

**My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever. (Psalm 73:26)
Blessings2You is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (07-11-2008), weegot5kiz (07-05-2008), who moi (07-07-2008)