View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 02:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I used to have a memory foam mattress pad. It was about 2 inches thick.

I only used it for probably about 5 months.

When I first got it, I really liked it. I'd gotten it for Christmas in 2005. A few months later tho, in April of 2006, I had my first MS exacerbation. My right hip went numb. Then my left hip went numb, not as bad as the right one tho.

The memory foam felt so weird against numb skin. Seemed like it made things feel even more numb. I ended up giving it to one of my boyfriend's room mates in May or June of 2006. The room mate loves it I guess.

My parents gave their old bed to my boyfriend, and then they went and bought an adjustable bed. They love it. It's got what I call "magic fingers", like they used to have in motels. It's got an adjustable vibrating mechanism in it. It's kind of nice when you have a sore back.

The adjustable part of the bed is really nice. I've sat and watched tv on their bed, and you can adjust either side of the bed however you want. It's pretty cool. I might get one of those beds next time I'm bed shopping.

My own bed now, is just a basic mattress, in a wood bedframe with drawers underneath. I do have a foam (not memory foam) wedge pillow that I use when my allergies are bad, or when I have a bad cold with a cough. The height of the wedge pillow changes depending on which side of the pillow is supporting me. I really like it.

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote