View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 06:03 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Ok see this is where the clouds come in. I hear what you are saying and wow what semantics. I got sooooooo confused too. lol

The first neuro said I could have PPMS because of the Spinal lesions. The second thought PPMS because I just kept getting worse. Dr. Bowling was the one who said because I was now showing lesions in my brain that were enhancing or not enhancing...aka relapsing and remitting I was clinically RRMS. I personally always thought I had to be at least SPMS but he said no. It's why I went with him. He was less gloomy.

I hear your definitions my friend...they are just as confusing as the one I got if you ask me?!? Mine probably make you ask the same questions I did as well! lol I am still like...huh? To me PPMS is no inflammation, black holes, and brain and spinal atrophy. If it's not that bad yet you got a chance.

When I went into JH I was in horrid shape. The video on www.chrishadms.com of the clonus and how bad my walking and balance was would show you it all. I could walk only 25 feet at a time and a cane didn't help much. I was taking 80mg of Baclofen a day and the next step was a pump. I have a pic of me with Dr. Brodsky on the site and it was the only time in 8 hours of being at the hospital that day I stood up. I couldn't pee well at all. I had no appetite. I kid you not. I would have been bed bound with a catheter. Moving was just getting to hard.

Ask away folks...please, please, please, ask away! It makes me feel like I deserved to get a chance to get better and I am not wasting this second chance!
chrishadms is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote