View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:13 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

A
that's too bad Doody! Poor wittle thing.

Maxie knows new words! Up until this morning she only knew how to cry pitifully: "Pleeeeease!" As in, "Please feed me!"

Now she seems to say, "Pleeeease. *pause* Hey there!" She's beginning to sound more like Mom and Dad. I think she might have picked it up in the petunia pot this morning as her parents carried on about their business of finding bugs.

Yesterday after the parade, I saw her parents for the first time since we found her, and so put Maxie on the lawn to see if anything would happen. Nothing. I was concerned about a cat attack, so perched her in my big ole tree on a low-hanging limb. It was a little forked twig, so she had additional support to her breast if she needed it.

One of her parents eventually did a fly-by from the telephone wire and scared Ms. Maxie. I ran to her rescue, cause she was hanging upside down by one foot!!!
I righted her and warned her to be more careful! We had a BBQ on the front lawn and everyone observed as her parents looked, but did not fly to her side.

I know they have other babies way up high in the tree b/c I can hear them occasionally. Also, DH said he saw a cat get dive-bombed by one of them!

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Doody (07-05-2008), Kitty (07-05-2008), Koala77 (07-05-2008)