View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 07:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Melody I am so sorry, I know this must be so agonizing for you. You are watching your friend suffer. Watching her son kill himself. You are frantically trying to be the glue that holds them together and it is hard. Now they have engaged you in their drama and I know it is terribly painful and that you must feel so helpless.

I hate to say this but there is nothing you can do. It sounds terribly selfish but for your own sake let your friend know that when she is sober you will be there for her and she can call then but not to rant and rave about her son, when she is ready to do what needs to be done to set her life on the right path that you are more than ready to be there for her. Tell her son to stop calling you. He does not want to follow the rules then find a new place to live. There is nothing you can do for him. He is the only one, not you, not his mother, not his girlfriend, only he can make the call.

You ask if a friend were laying in the road would you get them out, what if as soon as you got them out they continue to crawl back, over and over and the semi gets closer and closer and your family is standing at the side of the road watching. Would you continue?

It is an insidious disease, I know I have been battling it for 26 years.

"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (07-06-2008), MelodyL (07-06-2008), Wiix (07-05-2008)