View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Sinus Perforation

About six months ago I had a rear upper tooth pulled. (The one farthest back on the left side that's not a wisdom tooth). After the dentist did it, he said that a small piece of jaw bone broke off, but that it wasn't a big deal. He stitched part of the tissue back together around the tooth hole.

It started bothering me shortly after that. I had a green, bad tasting ooze coming from it. Twice I went to the dentist and he said that it looked fine, that the tissue was pink and healing.

Well, Its six months later and i'm still having problems. The more I read about it, the more I think it might be a sinus perforation. Sometimes when I rinse my mouth with mouthwash, it comes out my nose, and the ooze that comes out of the hole is the consistency of snot.

I've read that a sinus perforation of this magnitude will probably require surgical repair by an oral surgeon. Unfortunately I waited to long to get it looked at. I recently lost my job and don't have the insurance or the money to be able to go see a dentist, let alone an oral surgeon.

It has me worried though. What are the complications of this? Can it cause a bad infection? If it is a sinus perforation that has gone on for this long, is my health in jeopardy? Is there anything I can do on my own to treat it? Help!!!!

Erin
ErinB is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote