View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 09:24 AM
----

15 yr Member
----

15 yr Member
Heart

((((BJ)))))

You won't gain any sympathy out there by cutting yourself. You may not know what day it is, but you know what your skin and a knife looks like. Like it or not, it is NEVER appropriate to cut yourself - be it for healing of your pain, or to draw attention to your pain. It causes people to label you. It makes people blame you because they don't know how to remove your pain. Eventually, it makes people run away from you.

Many, MANY horrible things have happened to me. I didn't deserve the abuse either. My best friend died - not long after that both of my parents died within 8 days of each other. It is just the life I was given. Hey, in-between the heartache and fear there were some fun and good stories, so all is not lost.

It's our job to respect and appreciate the gift of life and the world God has provided for us. It's our job to learn how to walk in this world without trying to destroy ourselves and others. It's our job to learn how to not be afraid of the dark, each other, and ourselves.

I keep you in my prayers.
KathyM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-06-2008), BJ (07-07-2008), Burntmarshmallow (07-06-2008), Chemar (07-06-2008), Nik-key (07-06-2008)