View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member

Dorrie:

If I could distance myself from my own son, believe me I can do this with ANYONE ELSE!!!

I already told her that I won't be discussing drinking any more with her and I won't be receiving any more ranting and raving phone calls from her son.

Nothing is going to change.

She's a co-dependant, in a lousy marriage, and she drinks to cope. Her husband does not believe in Al-anon, and the son won't go to rehab or to AA.

That is their business, now isn't it??

I believe that doing toxic things to one's body, well you pay for it later on. If it doesn't kill you, it surely will destroy you.

The other day I spoke to a friend who lost a brother-in-law last week to lung cancer. He was only 55 years old. He was a life long smoker and once he got the diagnosis, of course, he quit. He did the chemo, radiation, and they removed the lung.

Guess what he did one week after the operation?? He started smoking again.

I just looked at her and said "that's the most illogical thing I have ever heard". She said: 'well, he died last week, so he didn't learn did he??"

I just stood there.

So if one can pick up a cigarette one week after they take out one of your lungs, then I can only wonder how hard it is for anybody else TO FIGHT ANY ADDICTION.

It must really change one's brain chemistry, (all the cravings I mean).

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (07-06-2008), Wiix (07-06-2008)