View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 12:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Questions after root nerve blocks...

Hiya,

Well, I had the bilateral suboccipital root nerve blocks last Monday (June 30) under general anaesthetic and also with local anaestheic in the back of my head.

I was kind of hoping that I would feel relief as soon as I woke up from the GA, but I didn't.........wishful thinking I guess!

The orthopedic surgeon told me that everyone is different and that some people do feel the benefit straight away and for others it can take a while for the steroids to kick in. He also warned me that for some people it never works at all. He has said that if it hasn't worked for me this time, he'll do it again. I've got to go back and see him the first week of August.

So, I'm wondering what others have experienced when you had the nerve blocks? Immediate relief?

I felt generally quite sore and stiff for a couple of days after, but that has worn off now and, although I feel different, the ache/pain is still there. I can't explain how it feels different, other than my head feels a bit too heavy for my neck.....if that makes sense.

I'm hoping that the steroids will start to take effect soon, but I have no idea how long that can take? or do I just assume that it hasn't worked for me!?!???!

I'm so confused........any help welcomed!!
charliebubs is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jaime_S (07-11-2008), Nik-key (07-11-2008)