Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Momma, where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doody View Post
Is that Maxie on the left???
Good eye! Yep, she's the one with the most baby bird fluff still on her head. Donna is the mad-looking one! Lol!

We just got back from church. When I say "we," I went alone and came home later for the wee ones. All the children got to take a good long look -- they loved them!

Still fighting to get food down Donna's throat with some gruel in an eyedropper. She won't open her beak today much, so very challenging.

Maxie is thriving, though. We have a good system: I put a dab of dog food on a toothpick and she opens her beak so I can place the pick way at the back of her throat. Then she closes her mouth and I remove the pick.

And get this: I even know when to hold her outside the "nest" so she can poopy! She doesn't like to soil her nest and tries to back up to the edge, but doesn't usually get it to fall on the outside of it. So I help her sometimes, Lol!

SIL, Lance, is outside now with Donna, hoping the parents will swoop down on the lawn and come to her aid. I think the siblings were having a skinny-dip party in a nearby puddle. Donna about went ballistic trying to get over there, but they flew off w/o her so much as a second glance. (Reminds me of Dr. Zhivago, when Yuri is riding a bus and sees his old girlfriend, Lara, walking down the sidewalk. He leaves the bus to follow her, but ends up clutching his heart and crumpling to the ground. Lara, blissfully unaware, continues on her merry way.

I wonder if the stronger siblings intentionally pushed these two out of the nest b/c they weren't as strong.

If the parents will come to Donna's aid, we'll put Maxie out there too. I doubt there is anything they can do. Not like they can send Birdie LifeFlight down to rescue them.

I've lost my mind ... and I don't miss it!

LIFE HAS NO REMOTE -- GET UP AND CHANGE IT YOURSELF!
Twinkletoes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Kitty (07-06-2008), Nik-key (07-06-2008)