View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 03:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It takes me awhile to post to these pondering threads. I like to think on them a bit before I try to decide if I have anything I wish to share. On this I do

I wonder about people. I wonder how we can be the "smartest, and yet the "dumbest" at the same time. By that I mean, some of the things we do, on topic..... people who choose to live in the past or choose to spend their todays filled with worry about tomorrow.

I am not talking about recent things that will take a long time to heal. Like my Dad for instance. It is fresh, I need time. I am not talking about these life altering events. I guess what cracks me up, and saddens me at the same time, is how people cling to their past, to blame their present life. Its called free will. And why worry about the future to the point of destroying your today? All any of us can do is make a change for right here, right now.

Oh, you can't change that you are ill, disabled...trust me, I know that....BUT, you can change how you look upon it. In the years since I have been disabled, I have said over and over, that I now look upon my diseases as gifts. People look at me like I am nuts! But it IS the truth. It IS what YOU make it. K enough on that LOL

I am thankful though ....that I am blessed not to be that way! Lord, if I started thinking about a bleak future with my disabilities...not to mention losing my husband to Alzheimer's.....oy! I would never get out of bed
yep yep, life is what you make it.... today is the only thing you can control.
Thanks for another great thought provoking thread alffe

More Than One Soul Dies In A Suicide

Last edited by Nik-key; 07-06-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Nik-key is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote